Over 2022 and throughout Term 1 2023, we have been listening to the feedback from our families regarding our new curriculum, how it is delivered, and workloads for families and students.
1. Our IT team is refining Learning@Faith to maximise its simplicity, giving students more time to do the schoolwork.
2. We will continue to maintain communications to families on the website, the weekly email newsletter, video updates by the Principal, and on Facebook.
3. In Years 10 – 12, we are refining our systems to ensure students have what they need and adjust time they spend on a subject.
4. From Prep to Year 9, we are adjusting the workload and engagement to make the load more manageable for parents, particularly in the following areas:
5. Parent Advisory Group. We are blessed to have many parents, some of whom are trained teachers, who understand the blessings and challenges of learning in their own home via Distance Education. The Principal is inviting them to meet with him monthly to receive and act on feedback to be implemented over the coming terms. If you have experience with developing curriculum for delivery in the home and you would like to be involved in this group, send an email to email@example.com.
As a school, our core activity is of course the curriculum; however, as a Christian Community we are so much more. Chapel and prayer life, regional workshops, sporting opportunities, teacher-led groups and more. Part of the task of the Parent Advisory Group will include refining co-curricular opportunities to meet the needs of the families in our school, as well as how they may look different in city or country areas.
It is the responsibility of our school to provide every student with a full school program and encourage full participation, however, we also respect that the Parent is the first educator in their home and makes choices that benefit their children. No one knows your child better than you. Our school is more like a smorgasbord than a set menu and we will endeavour to make the experience as flexible as possible with the goal of a rich holistic educational experience for every Faith student.
Thank you for being a valued part of our Faith community. I look forward to hearing from you on how we can adjust what we do to meet both the requirements of our registration as a school and the needs of our families.
Proverbs 16:16 – “How much better to get wisdom than gold, to get insight rather than silver!”
Yours in His Service,
Faith Christian School